08 September 2006

Mert & Ayşegül


Aren't they fabulous!? This is the couple I am living with. They just celebrated a second year of marriage. Bravo!!! Aysegul is at an intermediate level of English and Mert knows about 7 words. It is working out fabulous! I speak English with Ashyegul so that she can practice, and I speak Turkish with Mert to practice it. They are the sweetest couple! They have done everything in their power to make my move as easy and painless as possible. My room is lovely and I have been sleeping so great! My first week of school was a little crazy, so I am so happy that I had a place to stay that was clean and quiet. They are such a sweet couple! I really feel blessed to have found them. I live on the 5th floor though and that makes for a strong bum! But when I'm "almost home" I remember that even when I get home...I have 5 floors to walk up. AND, the lights are timed. So if you walk up at night, be sure to hit the switch on every floor because if the lights go off it is pitch black and on marble spiral staircases, this makes for a very dangerous situation! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, any questions about life in Istanbul? My picture was taken AGAIN by a man passing me. I don't get it! I'm like a walking freak show, really! Do I really look that out of place? Well, maybe... Ohhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is a good one. Turkish doorbells sound like birds singing. Almost everyone has the same sound, it is this odd twittering sound. Anyway, I swear it is mirrored after a local bird because I'll be walking down the street and hear the "doorbell." Like to freak me out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird,birds? I am glad that you like where you are staying, I miss u so much luv u ~ash

10:12 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Birds, eh? Hang in there! :-)

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a place to stay and that the people you're living with are nice. A quiet environment can be so amazingly good for your mental, physical and emotional health. Also, knowing where you're going to live for a while makes life much less stressful, doesn't it?
Love ya,

Clarissa

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home