31 August 2006

Birthday in Istanbul

Yeah, Thank you everyone for wishing me a Happy Day!

It was truly a wonderful day!

I arrived at school and the faculty had pitched in and purchased a birthday cake! It was so amazing! It had three candles and three sparklers; does this mean that I am of the age where I have so many candles that they won't fit on the cake? Ugh!!!!! But the day was great. Upon arriving home Camille took me to Sultanahmet where she showed me the Blue Mosque! It was so beautiful! Once you walk inside it takes your breath away! The blue tiles are so beautiful! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Then she took me our to dinner where I had to most amazing fruit! She also bought me Turkish dessert! She's a good friend, no?!!!! Everyone really pitched in to make my b'day special.

I begin classes THIS Monday; my mistake from my last post. Wow! I can't handle it! I'm really excited! I don't have to prepare lesson plans, BUT I do have to do crowd control! YEAH! I still can't handle me being a teacher and to Kindergarteners?

Istanbul finally cooled off!!! YEAH!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful day. You were in my thoughts and prayers all day. We are keeping busy with all the kids schedules. Timothy made Show Choir. He is very excited, He wanted to tell you the day he found out. I love you and miss you. Wish we were having lunch today. I can't wait to hear how Monday goes. You are going to make a great teacher. Try to get some sleep this weekend. Love you, Paula

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you got to see the Blue Mosque. Did you know that it was orginally built as a Christian cathedral but hasn't been under Christian control since 1453?
Heather

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home