02 September 2006

Merhaba (hello)

I move tomorrow to my flat and I am soooooooooooooo excited! I have been staying with a friend, but it is time for me to settle in and to FINALLY unpack! I am moving to Bishiktash. It looks like Besitkis on the map. Everything is different. J's are z's. C's are js and ch's. i 's are ee's , but I is prounounced i (like as in it) Which is why Istanbul is prounouced eestonbul because the I in istanbul realy has a dot over it, we just don't have that letter in our alphabet for a Capital letter. Later on a Brit, the director of the school, and I got in a lively discussion over grammar. (Mind you the director is British....)

British English: Have you been to the store today?
American English: Did you go to the store today?

Which is easier aha, I knew it, American! But let me remind you that we are preparing these young minds for the TOEFFL Exam... (Did I spell that correctly?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home