04 September 2006

First Day of Class


This is traditional Turkish Breakfast. So much food eh!? My favorite of all is the bread with cream and honey on it. Oh my gooness it is sooooooooooooo good! I just love it so much. Cheese and bread is very popular for breakfast. It is also normal to have cucumber and tomatoes with your egg. Do you see the Turkish Tea? The glasses are sooooooooo hot and you have to grip the very tips or you can't hold it. I have not yet mastered this yet. I will though, I have it enough times a day...

I'm officially a teacher because I taught "youngsters" today. Oh my goodness! The worst part about teaching are the mothers! Oh my goodness, the mothers follow the children around all day. Like they would hide in the blinds and behind plants to see their children!!! It was terrible. At this young age it is really better for the parents to stay for awhile and then leave while they are playing. Some children cried ALL day! It was so terrible. But the children are so cute! The only problem is they only speak Turkish!!!! Yikes, they will learn English fast with me! But they cried harder the more I didn't understand them and they became frustrated. It was truly terrible! And the laws are different than in America! If a kid refuses to move I am supposed to pick them up kicking and screaming and move them to the location I desire. I am also supposed to hug them when they are sad, I can't do this in America!!!! But the names are so hard... Balkin.. Eje spelled Ece of course..... I cut the meat for many a child today during lunch... At least the potty dance is multi-lingual.... So we take the kids as a group, "Toilet Time!!!!" Can you imagine me with small ones???? Begininng next week I will teach 3 hours in the afternoon in the elementary school. I can't believe I am doing this and in Turkey no less...

2 Comments:

Blogger Miller's Missions said...

When I taught K3 I actually thought the same thing. That the most horrible part was definately the parents. Now that I am one I understand a little bit but I still think they should bite the bullet and leave so the kids can adjust. If you stay and they see you or know you are there it is only worse. I'm sure that you did amazing. I'm hoping this year is beyond your wildest imaginations. I know you'll teach them great English. I hope your flat is excellent too!!!!!
Love and Hugs!

5:19 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Oooh, that looks yummy! Glad things are going well! :-)

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home