25 August 2006

Only One More Day!

I'm not fully prepared to leave. My room is a disaster! Most of my stuff is packed and I don't have enough songs imported onto my ipod. Yes, everyone I do have one now and it's wonderful! I really like it. I'm so ready to be in Istanbul, but I'm not ready to say goodbye. Goodbyes are truly difficult. Everyone out there should know that I have the most amazing parents in the world and I super duper love them! This will be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas without them as even when I lived in Colorado I managed to drive down! But I will be having amazing experiences in Istanbul and I am sooooooooooooo excited to go! I'm wondering what kind of kids I will be teaching and stuff like that. Will people like me and will I make friends? These are the type of thoughts parading through my head and it is exhausting. I am so excited though and I look forward to the weeks ahead! Sorry for the lack of pics everyone, I just have taken the time to load them! Oh, and I love Murphy's Law. Get this, my laptop battery is the same one that Dell recalled! Oh yes, I'm off to Istanbul sans battery! This isn't good people! But Dad's been amazing with everything technical! Well friends, check out Skype as I'm looking into this mode of communication. If you want to verbally chat, this could be an avenue for us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crying has already begun. I am going to miss you. You really have become my very dear friend. We are praying for you for protection and wisdom as we place you once again in God's hands.

Love you!!!!!
Mom

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with your mom. . .and I haven't seen you for TEN YEARS!!!

Mark and I are so proud of the great young woman you've become (even without our help!) and we look forward to hearing all about this chapter in your life. .. don't stop the blog, sweetie!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ten years Angie, Really? It can't be... and Mom; there's no safer place to be...

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home