26 August 2006

My Final Day


Today was my last day in the United States, at least for this year. I'm so nervous and excited! I found this pic and placed it here so that you all could see that I AM flying to civilization! This is the airport I am flying into and people; I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to finally go to Turkey! I am so ready! But, I don't know when my next post will be. I've been to internet cafes all over the world; Spain, France, Russia... but, I knew all those languages. This time, I don't know how to say "one hour" in Turkish and I certaintly don't know how to pay for it (New Turkish Lira). But I do have a fabulous dictionary so hopefully I'll find the time, place and language to say all this so I can update my blog and tell all of you how I'm doing! Thanks in advance for the prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really hoping that some of you are planning a trip to Turkey... But get this, I have a new friend meeting me at the airport and she said she'll hold up a sign!!!! Cool huh, I've never had someone hold a sign for me before! I always thought those people were dumb, but I've since gotten over that. But I'm really not looking forward to the whole getting off the plane and looking around thing... You know, we all feel that we are too cool to be excited to see someone... I mean, haven't you ever seen someone but you casually glance away so they see you first so you can be like, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" Yup, not me. When I see Camille I'll probably do a run, jump, hop weird thing in my excitement. Calm, cool and collected? Nope, people I'm moving to a foreign country with 2 bags, a carry on and a personal item! Excited, paranoid and exuberant will by the words of the day; as well as jet lagged, tired, crabby, smelly... C'mon people, let's not be realistic. Let's have adventure, excitment, Turkish food...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was sand to pull in the driveway and see your little car sitting there and know you aren't here. I love you and mis you sooooooooooooo much. Have fun and be safe.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I should have proof read that huh. Oh well. We'll blame it on tears in my eyes.

1:59 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Wow, this is so exciting! Have fun, you're going to do a great job! :-)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura I looked over at your pew yesterday and you were not there. I miss you already. You are in my prayers. I am so exicited for you. You are going to be a great teacher. Those kids are very lucky to have you teaching them. They will never be bored! Love you and take care of yourself. Paula

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
Thanks for the song.
Tears here also.
God bless you.
I love you.
Happy Birthday almost.
Aunt F

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home