13 September 2006

Galata Tower

I know, I already posted about this, but I have limited pics of myself and I thought Mom would appreciate this pic. The girl threw up in class again today. Are you kidding me? But I heard it coming and ran from the room so that the other teacher could have a turn dealing with it. It truly worked out great becuase when I went back to the kitchen I was like, "Oh, my goodness, she threw up again?" It worked like a charm. I had my first conversation in Turkish today on the bus. It went something like this.
Her. "Live?"
Me "Bishiktash"
Her "oh. why?"
Me "teacher"
her "college"
Me "3 and 5 yr olds."
Her "Wow. blah, blah, blah"
Me "I don't understand."
Her "telephone number"
Me "I don't have one"
Her "Name"
ME "Laura"
Her "My name"
Me "I don't know"
Her "blah blah"
Me "My stop. Bye."

Cool huh. I'm fluent now! but seriously, it really is a huge confidence booster!

2 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

Nice job in that conversation! It sounds like you're really coming along! :-)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Miller's Missions said...

sounds just like me sometimes still. blah blah blah, I don't understand. Then I talk and they hear blah blah blah and say I don't understand. It can be so frustrating. Sounds like you are doing great though. The vomit reminds me of Algit in my class who pooped in his pants and then all the other kids started screaming eeeewwwwww there's poop on the floor! I also ran from the room and took all the other kids with me. I made them sit in the hallway and my assistant took him to the bathroom and washed him off. Kids can be so grosss!!!!!!!!!! remind me why i have two?!?!?!? Love you.
Angel <><

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home