20 August 2006

James Must Think Me Stupid

His name is James. He works at Radio Shack and I dislike the man intensely. Mom and I walked into the store with slight apprehension as both of us are NOT electronically inclined. I needed to purchase a European power converter. He asked to help us; lucky us. He breathed heavily and began reading the back of boxes and I randomly told him that I needed it for a curling iron. Finally, after licking his lips in an irritating fashion he handed over the item, stared at me and asked if their was anything else we needed. I looked at my Mom, she nodded so I piped up with a simple "I pod." Perhaps he heard me say, "A trip to the moon" for he looked at me a tad confused. THEN he asked me what I needed an I pod for. Is this a common question? Why does a person want to purchase an I pod if they don't want the service the I pod produces? Perhaps my logic extended beyond his intelligence. I don't know, I shall let you be the judge. So then I began looking as some speakers and I asked if these were necessary items and he did the UNTHINKABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! He waggled his head and said in a taunting tone, "That's why we call them accessories..." and I thought that's "why you work here to tell me about this stuf...." Then he made up some lies about the I pod and why he descourages customers buy them, "but ONLY if they ask." He then sent our business elsewhere as the other store would have the perfect item I would need. And then this was the killer. AFTER, we were almost out of the store he called, "are you going to Turkey for religious reasons?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This stranger who insulted me did not just ask a personal question did he? Oh he did. He crossed the line. Obviously he wasn't listening, as the phrase, "English Teacher" didn't take the first time I said it. Was it because I was wearing a skirt? Or maybe only religious people buy European power converters? Maybe we should all ask James as He is the expert on all matters pertaining to life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. James is certainly a special man. You're so lucky to have been his customers. However, I think he might fit better in Russia, as he has no concept of customer service or capitalism. This transfer may or may not be good for him, as the babushkas might take to highering the mafia to chase him away from their markets. They are much better at selling things and might resent an idiot man in their presence.

Clarissa

8:10 AM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Wow, that guy sounds like a total tool, but at least to handled it better than I would have! :-)

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home