11 August 2006

Fighting Off Irritation

I have a poor history with airplanes. 90% of the time I am delayed. I plan on being delayed. I've been on planes with bomb threats; had to turn around and go back to the aiport. Cracked windows, employee malfunction (sprayed water instead of de-icer, we were delayed for HOURS), a plane FULL of screaming baby girls freshly adopted from China, power outages, and all out cancellations. Once I leave good ole Nebraska here I won't see Istanbul for 17 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This includes flying time and standing around time waiting for flights...) Now, let me preface that the bomb threats in Britain ARE SERIOUS! Many terrorists were involved AND 10 jetliners to the US were targeted. So I'm not saying this isn't serious, but a complete ban of ALL liquids and gels? They say that you can still check liquids and gels in checked baggage because they are checked for bomb related materials. So why can't they do that with my carry on and everyone elses? Why can't they wand my bag? This means NO toothpaste for Laura for 17 hours!!!!! Now I'm not trivializing this, I will gladly give up my toothpaste if it means saving lives! I'm just wondering about all that money BEFORE that our gov't threw into Homeland Security. What about better screening? Did any money go towards this process? I'm not sure. Praise the Lord that these Horrible acts were averted!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank the lord for brush ups, they aren't as good as the real deal but they work miracles when the plack is bad enough to use them

11:52 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So true Ashleigh! After 17 hours I will soooooooooooo need to use those things!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home