13 August 2006

Hometown Pizza

While Mom and I were shopping we were talking about food I would miss the most. Hands down I will miss BBQ hot chicken wings. Because, even if Turkey has a large supply of wings, they won´t taste the same. This is true! Hometown Pizza has the best wings in town. Fabulous, just fabulous! Then, my parents and I had a lively discussion about Cockroaches in Miami! YUCK! I wonder if Istanbul has Cockroaches.... I would use the question mark, but you see I somehow disabled it and put Spanish signs in place of everything on my keyboard. Like when I push the semicolon key I get ñ and if I shift with it I get Ñ. Beautiful, great, I´ll worry about undoing that tomorrow.... Oh, the question mark key gives me _ - yah, what up with that______ multiple lines are supposed to be questions marks at the end of that statement. I´m taking a poll, should I get an i pod_ notice how everything is screwed up with my keys, it is driving me insane!!!!! Let me know what you think!

5 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

I'm sorry you'll miss those wings--I feel that way about a local sub shop--but I'm sure we'll each find something that we love where we're going! As for an iPod, I think getting a $60-75 shuffle is worth the investment. I use mine ALL THE TIME. That's just me, though, whatever works! :-)

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, get an iPod. ALL electonics are expensive in Turkey and if you don't buy before you come you will regret it.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in 1875 and thus have no reasonable contributions to the iPod discussion. However, are you going to call me back about visiting?

Clarissa

8:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for all the input! yes Clarissa, I will call you but Friday works the best as on Thursday my friend is talking about her trip to South Africa!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off sorry I have been a bit absent in this whole new direction in your journey. I am really excited for you and that you are doing this, sounds amazing. You will miss certain things for sure, but you will also find some things in Turkey you love and cannot find back at home... so I say it is an even trade (at least from my experience traveling). As for the ipod, I would say it is something you will be happy you have... though what about an mp3 player? Just look into your options if you do this. If you are going to get one I would spend a bit more and get one that holds more, but you know your budget better than I do. All I am saying is that I was happy to have the ipods of my friends playing while in Nicaragua... made life much more exciting. Talk soon, Laura.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home