15 August 2006

I did the Unthinkable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, I can't believe I'm admitting this as well. Mom and I made our BLT sandwiches and sat in front of the TV to enjoy our bacon. Welllllllllllllllll, CSI was a ReRun and Nothing was on. So, we decided to watch the Miss Teen USA pageant! I know, didn't I just watch the Miss Universe pageant? Did you know that some of these GIRLS are 15? Are you kidding me? You know they eat ice cubes and cotton balls saturated with Orange Juice to feel full. And Miss Montana didn't know what integrity meant. Seriously, she said that a person whith integrity is a person who has goals and reaches them and striving towards them. Really? That's not what Webster says. Her answer reminded me of Miss Rhoad Island, "My perfect date would be April 24th. It's not to hot, it's not too cold. All you need is a light jacket." And the winner is: Montana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How sad that the role model for teen women, does not have integrity because the winner doesn't know what the word means. Integrity: Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miller's Missions said...

It reminds me of the year that gorgeous blond won the Miss USA but she couldn't string coherent thoughts together during her interview time. It really is sad that she didn't know what integrity meant. I wish that more people did. And I guess I wish that I lived it more than I do. By the way, I can't imagine being that hungry! Definately not worth it.

10:05 AM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

I actually like watching those things because I enjoy rooting for the sassy girl with the awesome accent. :-)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what is truly unthinkable, my dear former-piano-student. . .

What is unthinkable that you are 23 years old. . .and are going over to Istanbul.

We have found your little blog by way of your sister's family blog. Mark and I both read it with HUGE enthusiasm, and laughed out loud at pictures of a man in khakis with black socks. . .and at the thought of the perfect date being April 24th, when everyone knows that it is MAY 12th!!

Write when you can - I have a little blog - but it's only scrapbooking related. I suppose I need a legitimate blog one day!

I am so proud of the wonderful young lady you have become. . .and we do NOT need to do the math and figure that I'm 19 years older than you!

YIKES!!


send me an e-mail sometime:
shccangie@yahooDOTcom

10:23 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow Angie! Thanks for the comment; you are awesome!!! Do you still wear Navy perfume? I smell it like once every two years and think of you. I will drop you a line; of course!!!! Are you planning a trip to Istanbul yet?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home