17 August 2006

Becoming a School Teacher...

Who woulda thunk it would happen??? Of course I love kids; that's not the issue here!!! The issue is that I promised myself that I would never become a teacher! I still can't fathom EVER wearing a denim jumber with an apple pin attached squarely to the left corner WITH an apple spotted turtleneck. Not even a mock turtle neck. Nope, one of those ones that you have to fold over and if you are REALLY into teacher decorating you can stick on an applique and take it off before you wash it... This is NOT me and NEVER will be ME! Henceforth my Mom helped me shop for a New teachers wardrobe and I feel quite spiffy. No apples included. I thought my Mom was going to act Momish. You know, get everything soooooooooo large that the only way one can tell you are female is by looking at your hair. People I'm moving to Turkey I need to be conservative... But, My Mom and I met in the middle and she was amazing. For all of you who think honesty is NOT the best policy; think again! I need to think clearly and make good decesions for...drum roll please.... I'm going to be a role model for young Turkish minds and people I do know what integrity means!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miller's Missions said...

Just so you know, Reggie never wears apple pins or apple spotted mock turtle necks. I just thought you might want to know. So funny! You'll do great!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to getting bad clothing. It always scared me when I could tell who the Elementary Ed majors were by their "teacher" clothing walking the halls of NWC. By the way, how old are these people you'll be teaching?

Clarissa

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. . .that was what we were going to send to you. . .direct from the "teacher clothing store!"


You crack me up. . .

11:40 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Well, I'M going to wear enough apple pins for both of us! :-)

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home