07 August 2006

I Received My Invite Today!

My invite to Ukraine from Peace Corps arrived today. I have a mixture of feelings, but not for the resaons you may think. I don't feel that I made the wrong decesion. I REALLY am excited about Turkey. I'm a little sad that I hoped and prayed for my invite for SO long, and now that it is here I can't even be excited over it. I finally received the infamous blue envelope and it doesn't matter; that's what makes me sad. Wow, crazy business! I just got home from shopping! Yay, I bought some new jeans to take over to Turkey with me. Tonight starts VBS, I will take some pics so you can all see how much fun Fiesta is!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on LJ :D
I am SO jelous you are moving to Turkey! I went there for a few days last year during fall break when I was studying in St. Petersburg (PS Where did you study in Russia?!) and absolutely fell in love with it. It is so much more vibrant and friendly than any place in Russia.
I'm going back to study in Turkey starting February of next year. As for prices, I wouldn't worry too much. Turkey is the place where Europeans vacation because it is so cheap. Plus, I don't know if you experienced this in Russia, but going to a gym is much more social than for fitness (gyms are for the already beautiful), so it might be worth the splurge :-P
Well, good luck in your travels, and I'd love to hear updates on how it's going!
-Annie

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home