05 August 2006

The Decesion is Made!

Istanbul, 1870's

I took the job in Turkey; in case you missed the change in my blog name, new quote and the Istanbul weather link. I'm excited and thrilled and wowed! I bought a book on Turkey today. YEAH! How fabulous is that? I haven't heard from Peace Corps, big suprise there! IF, IF, they ever do send me an invite, I will defer it in case I regret my decesion later. That being said, I'm NOT holding my breath. I have a Great story to tell. I began my day with a pilates mat and a resistance band. Do you already have a good idea on where this story is going? So I take my "Pilates Style Stance" and roll onto the mat. I place the band around my feet and begin some hard to pronounce Joseph Pilates move. "Now," she says....."roll up like a ball." Get this, I roll up, and so does my mat!!!! Oh yes, 6 inches of velcro from my mat stuck into my hair and as I stood up, I took the mat with me. Me, being the Freakout Girl that I am, yank at the velcro lodged in my head. Instead of slowly pulling my hair out, I yank until my strands slither through the tiny grippy things. Oh yes, the pain came after in one giant yelp. Ouch! So then I did the most logical thing that I could; I got angry with my stupid mat! I stared at it, just lying on the floor wavy and dumb. But, being the rational person that I am, I tucked the offensive article under the mat and continued. I'm bringing the mat with me to Turkey. End of Story.
P.S. Peace Corps told me that they just sent me an invite. One day too late...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I think this could be so amazinly great for you! I wish I had money to come visit you there!
when are you leaving?

Clarissa

11:04 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Hey Laura.... I think it was you who left a comment on my blog? Can I help you or answer any questions about moving to Turkey? Please drop me a line, ok? I will do my best to help you in whatever way I can.

misscamille (a) g mail dot com

(ps nice pic of Garden of the Gods!)

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home