03 August 2006

At Such a Time as This


This is the latest job offer I have received. Mexico offered me a position. It is truly quite crazy; my life that is. I don't know what the future holds. Do I go to Mexico or Indonesia? Do I turn them down and wait for the Peace Corps? I filled out a long application to teach in Turkey; shall I work there? My head feels like it is full of mud that I need to dig my fingers into so as to find the missing key. I rarely get headaches and I had one today. I get headaches when my life is asymmetrical and I am no longer in control. Let me clarify it once more, When I am not in control of making the Best decision. Oh, I could email Mexico and say I accept, but is this the correct decesion? This perplexes me! I am quite good at forming an opinion, so why is it so hard now? I do believe you can all relate to me. It's a place of limbo where you teeter wondering which way you will fall. It's the same feeling I feel when I am being weighed at the doctors office. As you stand half naked in your gown the lady pushes the huge dial to 100 and then begins flicking the smaller, cold pieces of metal. Then she pushes it too far and has to flick it back a bit. You hold your breath waiting for the balance. And then you step off and it goes, CLUNK! I don't want to choose the wrong thing and go Clunk. It isn't as if I can take a job in Indonesia and have my Dad come and rescue me when I want to come home. I am afraid to fail. This is what it all comes down to, and you know what. I'm going to have to make a decesion. That's part of life, part of the symmetry.

3 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

Man, this is getting ridiculous! On the plus side, I would rather be at this extreme (choosing between lots of fun jobs) than the other (Sheesh, no jobs for me! I need money...), so at least you've got that going for you! Obviously I would wait for the PC, but only because you sound like a rad person who could do a lot of good in Ukraine, but you'll be great wherever you end up. Best of luck, you'll be in my prayers.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hey Laura! I'm so sorry for what you're going through! For the past year (up until I got my invite) I was going through the same thing, and I felt depressed the whole time because I had no idea what to do, or which country or continent to move to, and I still wonder whether I made the best choice. It's hard when these are life changing decisions, but all of your options sound great and I'll sure everything will work out no matter what you decide. There's got to be a way to get in touch with your (or a different) placement officer! Just think, in about a week your decision will be made, and this stress will go away. Good luck!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

global uproar?? LOLOLOL

it's a great place, trust me. you'll love it.

really... go read my earlier stuff. some people are just miserable, that's all.

sorry for the OOT comment :D

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home