10 July 2006

What to Eat

I've talked with many people about my upcoming life change, and many of them are concerned with what I will be eating while in Eastern Europe. I'm suprised at this! First off, look at what we eat!!! Above is pictured potato salad. Just look at it people! To be honest my Aunt makes Fabulous potato salad, but still... A lot of what we eat looks disgusting. Of course some food abroad is nasty. But I am so excited about eating Plov and Borscht again! yumm! Russia had the Best red peppers in the world! But I will miss food from home! I am bringing spices with me and I'm open to care packages full of spices and other yummy American food...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What specific spices would you be hoping to receive in those care packages?
JR

9:24 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Given that most of my cooking involves stuff that comes in a can and goes directly into a mircrowave, I'm in for some adjustments, especially considering my hatred of potatoes. Still, I'll learn to love them! :-)

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo JR...what do you want. Would you like a jar of peanut butter? Kraft Mac & cheese? (hee hee hee). I am so jealous you're going to eat that yummy food, though. I would do a lot to eat Ira's salads, soups, etc. The beets in my garden are ready to pick, and I'm so excited to make borsch. Still, it's not going to be the same. :-(

Clarissa

11:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hey Laura! You make a good point. I don't believe any foreigners would think that potato salad looks appetizing. Anyway, I hope PC didn't lose your file.
And I was just curious, the photo of you on your profile looks like it was taken in one of the National Parks in Utah. Maybe Bryce?? Let me know, I'm curious.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura thanks for the compliment i am not gonna make p salad for everybody shelia

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home