08 July 2006

Weddings

While in Russia I took a lot of pictures of people getting married. Why you ask? First off it was beautiful! The brides in white with the white snow; it was all so beautiful and romantic. But this is what I found most interesting; due to the snow the brides dress stopped just above her ankle! Here in America women wear kicks and slippers and no one is the wiser. In Russia they wear beautiful boots and shorter dresses. Forget the long train people; this is siberia! The point of this is that I am travelling to a wedding and so will be MIA for a couple days.

2 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

All my friends are getting married and it's freaking me out a little. However, I think you raise a good point about another unforeseen consequence of the cold--uncomfortable shoes! Eeek! Have fun at the wedding! :-)

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun, dear. I won't try to call you, then.

Clarissa

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home