22 June 2006

I embrace structure.

Today I experienced an amazing sale; so was everyone else. And, for some reason this really bothered me. So, my sister and I got in line. How does one choose which line to get in? Really? I normally take an intense look at the cashiers and narrow it down to my favorite two. I then narrow it still down by looking at the massive amounts of stuff engulfing the arms of the people whom have also chosen these cashiers. This reasoning normally fails me and I end up annoyed at the defectiveness of this system. And today I picked the wrong line. I figured this out due to the fact that a woman was enrolling in a credit card and there was a problem. The cashier turned her back on us as she dialed. I immediatly began to feel irate. What is the problem and WHO decides to open a credit card on sale day; as if we aren't saving enough... Hence the sale.... but no, let's keep on saving and holding up the whole line. But then I notice that other lines are going faster. Not ok with me. And then it hit me. I'm going to Eastern Europe. Yeah, sometimes you go through the lines and they just stare at you. One lady stared at me until she finally asked me if I was from Finland. I wanted to say yes; Finland carries less baggage than the US. And, they don't have sales. Flat rate, carry over from the U.S.S.R days. And bread lines. Maybe my sale here isn't so bad. Maybe waiting isn't so bad. Maybe I'll learn patience in the Peace Corps. Ha maybe; it's a given.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, it's Becky Ruwe. My mom sent me a link to your blog! I think she told you I'm in South Africa now... :D
My blog should show if you click on my profile!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
You made it through the lines once. I am sure you can do it again, dear. Though they are frustrating...very, VERY frustrating. Customer service is not a known concept there. Oh, and I always pick the wrong line, too. I always pick the shortest, and it always takes me much longer to check out than everyone in the other lines. Am I cursed? I'm not sure, but I am beginning to question my decisionmaking abilities.

Clarissa

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home