19 July 2006

Pampered Chef

I went to a Pampered Chef party for my friend. I'm not the small party kind of person; I went for her; I hope she understands this. I have problems sitting around and making small talk with women. I always end up eating all the finger food so that people will say, "Oh, she's eating." and not talk to me. Normally they talk to me anyway and I end up having to rapidly chew a fattening piece of goody before replying. Then you sit there trying to figure out what to buy. It can't take up too much space, cost too much or have more than two parts. It can't be pink, blue or any other color of the rainbow. It also can't have some cool way to collapse it. If the ad says, "It just pops right up!" don't buy it; they are lying! Nothing with plastic and screws just pops right up. Also, don't let people at the party try to help you. What they think is a cool dicer sounds to me like a quick way for me to lose a finger. All in all we got some cool stuff. Word to the wise for anyone going to Eastern Europe; BRING A BREAD KNIFE! You will eat A LOT of bread and most people can't afford knives. They run like 90 American bucks. Do what I'm doing; bring a knife and leave it as a gift when you leave. Wahoo!

6 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

Oooh, good idea on the knife!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the smartest person ever, Laura! A bread knife! I remember how annoying it was to live without one. You're a genius. Also, I love small parties and hate big ones (mostly). I make small talk for a living, so I guess it's right up my alley. Anyway, I'm glad we can be friends even though we're different.

Clarissa

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say you and I are more alike than I ever new... cannot stand the small talk at parties like that. I hate parties to buy things that no one really needs anyway. And if I am ever on my wat to Russia I will remember the knife, thanks for the advice.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do by the way know the difference between new and knew... and let's just say that in my last post I am well aware the correct word is knew. Don't you hate that?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Haha, you guys are awesome!!! I love my friends!

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home