15 July 2006

Fremont Days

I put on perfume today. Why did I put on perfume today? I like to smell nice, or maybe it is just habit. No matter how you look at it no amount of perfume in all the world would have helped me today. I helped out at the Children's Ministry Booth while the temp soared above triple digits. All of us were experiencing mass drippage in the sweat department. And yet the children continued to climb through our puffed up obsticle course. Kids bounded through the course ignoring the way the hot plastic scorched their smooth baby flesh. Sticky hands gripped my capris as small bodies swarmed around. Moms came to the booth hands full of bags, fliers and melted snow cones. These women weren't faring any better than me and we joked about the sweat. Women are supposed to glisten; we weren't, and we knew it. And as they waited for thier kids to make it through the course, they were told about VBS, MOPS, and Preschool. What's a little sweat if these women can be blessed by these ministries? Thanks Jeff and Paula for making it happen!

2 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

Sometimes cologne can backfire for me, though, when it gets that hot. It's like, "wow, my BO smells like Curve...that's an association I won't be able to get rid of for a while." In other words, when it gets that hot, I’m sure even perfume can get overwhelmed. I like your thinking, though! Oh, and rock on about (probably) getting medically cleared in time to go! Yay!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Laura for all your help. The day went smoothly and that was because of your help with my kids and your help at John C Fremont Days. You are a blessing from God and I treasure you dearly my friend! Love, P

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home