20 July 2006

I've been asked...

Well, a school in Mexico read my resume and... Oh yes, they want me to teach pre.school, offer a great salary, paid housing and Free Spanish lessons! But I turn all that down for kartofel (potatoes), hlep (bread), sneg (snow) , bolshoy loozsh (huge puddles) and the nizhniian shuffle (a way to "walk" on the ice so you don't fall). No really people, I Adore Eastern Europe and I am thrilled to be going there! And after visiting my sister in Panama, I'm soooooooooooo not cut out for rotting mangos! And my friend just got back from Cambodia where they ate fried spiders and squid! At least the food is NORMAL in EE. I mean sure, chicken body parts and skin floating around in my soup isn't my Favorite thing in life, but you can eat around it... And plus things like brains, gizzards and hearts can be passed off to the man you are eating with and make him feel macho. No matter the culture ladies, you can count on men wanting to be macho. Oh and the starving human attacking wild dogs that I experienced in Russia were oh so happy to eat my scraps! Remember this when you go to the market, nothing goes to waste!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home