31 July 2006

Strange News

Today I was officially offered a job to teach English at a school in Indonesia. Crazy huh, I was all prepped to go with the Peace Corps. Well, I talked with my recruiter and there is NO reason why I don't have an invite yet from the Peace Corps; I just don't. I only have until August 11, so I'm in a bind. Im not sure what to do. Do I take a job or have faith that my Placement Officer will send me an invite? Who knows what to do!? I called my PO under guidance from my wonderful recruiter Jen, and lo and behold his number is no longer in service! So far I have talked with people in Poland, Mexico, Indonesia and Turkey about possibly teaching English. Do I take a job teaching or wait? Jen said it might not come for MONTHS!!!! I was told in March about Ukriane, I'm medically cleared for EE, but still no invite. How weird. So people, Peace Corps might be a thing of the past! Since I should have an invite and I don't, I'm thinking that maybe I'm not supposed to go with PC. I don't know what to do!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, you can add Macecdonia to your list of places where you could teach TESOL. Of course, this wouldn't be a paid position, like the others probably are. But, you would know the people starting the school!
-- Josh Neal

Oh, and id I mention that Macedonia is in Eastern Europe, and the language is really similar to Russian?!?

1:02 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Hmmm...this sucks. Well, my advice is to wait as long as possible for your invite in the mail, and then accept your Indonesia job. I mean, the good news is that you know you're doing something fun and exciting no matter what, so hang in there!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the support you guys!!! At this time in my life I truly need it!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Farina Situmorang said...

Hey, let me know if you decide to go to Indonesia :) I'll be happy to give you some tips & guide about living in Indonesia.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home