12 June 2006

Oooooooooooops!

Normally I don't mind driving the speet limit. It's just another rule I must adhere to in order to live in this country. But, there is something about making eye contact with the person passing you. It's that smirk that tells you they think they are better than you because they are passing you and won't get caught. So, due to road rage I listen to music. But, oh yes, I do have a problem with this to. You see I'm normally an extroverted person, but not this time. There is something about turning the radio loud, singing your guts out, and the person in the other lane staring at you. And you know, that they know, that you aren't just talking on the phone with blue tooth. It's intimate, it's wrong; stop looking at me! So, I've turned to books on CD. This way my brain can use all facets of imagination while staring at the road straight ahead. In honor of my Memorial Day visit to my Grandma I purchased a murder mystery book on CD. You see, it was the third book in the series and I was quite caught up with the characters. Somebody was dead, Temperance was locked in the morgue and I couldn't hear fast enough. I clicked my phone on silent fearing parental interruption and focused on the book. I listened to the remaining CD of the book in rapt attention. An hour later the book came to a fabulous close, and I began to look at my surroundings. "Now," I thought with a silly shake of my head, "Let's just hope I didn't miss my exit!" I realized that I had when I saw the sign, "Welcome to Missouri." I'm from Nebraska! This is terrible! Not only was my book finished, I had gone hours out of my way, and I had to drive all the way home sans book. At this point my disposition was vile and I turned on a CD and sung away.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to drive. We will need to borrow a few if we can, to make our trip fly by.
Reggie

8:56 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'd love to share. Just learn from me.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee! I am so sorry about your misadventure, dear. I've done that, too, though i am normally talking to someone when I miss my exits, turns, etc.

Clarissa

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachelle and I do the same thing when we travel, and we LOVE it. We have heard quite a few good books recently. Since there are two of us we usually don't get lost because at least one of us will usually catch the signs. There is a good series by Ray Blackston that we really enjoyed. There are three books: Flabbergasted, A Delirious Summer, Lost in Rooville. They are available in Christian book stores as well as main stream.

Enjoy reading your blog, thought I might finally post a response :).
-- Josh

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home