30 May 2006

TESOL

I started my TESOL class. I am excited about this and I know that it will aid in the success of my time with the Peace Corps. What suprises me the most about this whole escapade is that I NEVER would have seen me as a teacher. EVER! I have decided on being called Miss Laura. In Russian, if a G comes at the end of word it is pronounced as a T. If the last syllable of my last name always comes out as bert, I'm not interested. So henceforth in the world of syllabi and red pens I shall be known as Miss Laura.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will make a wonderful teacher. I will be praying for your class. It is neat to see where the Lord is taking you and blessing you beyond your dreams! Love P

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Miss Laura sounds wonderful. Marcela has started calling us Mr and Mrs. Miller sometimes. It's kind of funny. That kind of cracks me up. I love you. No new news here, it actually looks bad still oh well. Still hope we can come.
Ang

9:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm sorry Dear Zilla. Remember when I called you that? I'm so sorry things aren't going well. I don't understand all the road blocks! Must Panama be this way? I continue to pray...

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...in Russian they can't say Janssen...so I was "Jensen" my whole time there. I don't like the last name Jensen as dumb people in the U.S. always called me "Jensen" because they were too lazy to say it right. I'd rather be "Miss Clareeessa" than "Miss Jensen".

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home