03 June 2006

I Survived!

Hello Dear Ones! Somehow, I made it through Women of Faith. I must admit that Patsy Clairmont is a crack up hilarious woman! I did NOT come home with a Pink Butterfly T-shirt, a feel good book, or a Contagious Health cookbook. Or a Women of Faith credit card, of which I am opposed. I DID enjoy the musical renditions of Avalon. Luci Swindoll won me over when she mentioned her passion for travelling, although she lost me with her obsession for stickers. So, is it a ministry or a business? A credit card? Pop corn, Dip and Dots, Nachos and funnel cakes... I felt like I was at a circus. But, I won't deny the presence of the Lord; of this I am certain. Yet, surrounded by blubbering, bladder filled women my last nerve felt quite tight and near breakage point. The "Excuse me, I hope I'm not a problem" woman climbing over me every hour did bother me. And cell phones... Either I wasn't programmed for thousands of women keeping me company, or satan had turned them into "buzzards" and I was missing the point. Next year they should sell Women of Faith Water-proof mascara. These women would buy it. Not having children and being under the age of 40 I was lost amongst women speaking of mamograms and childbirth. If I saw a man wandering around I felt indignant of his testosterone! What on earth was man flesh doing here? But forgiveness was quick as I was bumbed once again by an overwieght woman filled with abundant joy. Did I leave Women of Faith full of joy? Perhaps not, but am I glad I went? Yes. Did I come away uplifted? Certaintly. Will I make this an annual event? No. Will I go again? Of course. Will I treasure this memory? Always. Will I go if Kathy Troccoli is the singer? Absolutely not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Kathy Tricolli, huh? I'm glad you mostly enjoyed yourself. I went once when I was 13 or 14 and loved it, but I was a different person then. I have been wary of it for several years exactly because of the commercialized circus aspects of it. Oh, and I don't have a husband, children or menopause. These are also the same reasons that I will never go to another high school class reunion. Only change the part about "menopause" to "still living in Sully, IA". I'm glad you survived, dear.

Clarissa

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A daughter after my own heart. I've done it twice and don't have a whole lot of desire to do it again. I agree Patsy is great but not great enough to be in that big a crowd.

Mom

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! That was the best laugh I've had all week! I am going in July, but you pretty much summed up my thoughts on it! I hope you're doing well!!

Vicky

8:22 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Vicky!
Fabulous to hear from you! Hopefully overall you will have a fabulous time!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought there was something wrong with me because I dislike going to things like that so much. I would have women coming up to me a church with disbelief that I wouldn't just jump at the chance to go to Women of Faith. I don't enjoy it. I don't like being smashed together with that many other people men or women. I don't like the lines of people waiting for an autograph of someone. Listening to people respond to your honesty about your experience has made me realize I'm not so wierd after all.

Love, Mom

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home