13 June 2006

Here we go again...

I thought as I pulled into the Dr's office parking lot. This was like my thousandth time and by now I'm on a first name basis with most nurses. Seriously, I plan on sending them a post card. So I stood at the counter trying not to touch anything that could have a germ on it when the old un-named nurse stared down her nose at me. I'm sure any germ that dared venture near her would whither with one hard look. Apparently Hep-B shots aren't regular because when I told her the reason for my visit she put her pen down, put her hands on the table with her fingers making a Teepee and stared at me. "Why Hep-B?" After fully explaining my life, she asked for my insurance card. "It's supposed to be gray you know. You should get a new one. I'm sure if you just call you could get a new one. Is it through your Mom or Dad? They'll just send you a new one...if you just call...they'll send you a new one..." She wasn't going to stop so I pulled out paper and a pen and started writing it down. She stared at me as I did this. "Just a new card sweetie, just call..." Thanks, cause I'm sure I'll need that new gray card in the Ukraine. And so it went, I got my vaccine. Such a pity I didn't catch the nurses name...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frustrating...

Clarissa

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home