21 May 2006

Cow Tongue (lengua) Burritos

The guy stared at me across the table and told me about his cow tongue burrito. I was trying to eat my steak as he told me about the little Mexican joint that aided in his new culinary experience. Have you ever seen a cow tongue at the store? I have. It's wrapped tightly in Cellophane stuck to white Styrofoam. You can see dead taste buds wilted in little porous openings. That tongue was used as a lever during the mastication of cud from 1 stomach with 4 compartments. I'd rather eat a chunk of beef where someone can say, "Bessie used this to run." Not "Bessie used this to push partially digested food around her mouth." SICK! I am opposed to a tortilla filled with lettuce, tomatoes and tongue. Do they chop it or shred it? If you would like to look at a photo of a cow tongue to help aid you in your decesion of whether to eat or not to eat a lengua, follow the link. Best wishes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross.

Clarissa

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand . . . however, I was not so fortunate when I was introduced to rocky mountain oysters, at the tender age of 14. Only after I had taken a bite, chewed and swallowed, did my brother break out in laughter. I about threw up, but needless to say it stayed down. I guess I was too naive to ask about the choice of meat that was available at the bbq.
Heather

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home